Wednesday 26 May 2010

Novel diary #1

Since getting a blog I've occasionally wondered if I should maintain a writing progress report for a story project detailing all the ups and downs, plot changes, blind alleys etc. So far I've shied away from doing it. Such a diary felt as it'd be too self-indulgent and it probably would be of no interest to anyone but myself. Also, there's no assurance that the project I reported on would produce a story that's any good, ever get finished, or if it does get finished ever get published. In fact I can't help but think that if I did do one, I'd put some sort of curse on the project and end up writing lots of words about a story that never sees the light of day. But for better or worse I have a blog to fill with something and so I've decided to keep a record of the progress, or lack of it, of my next writing project.

I've just about finished a story so I'll do it for the next story. So far all I have is the title Legend of the Seven. That phrase has been bouncing around in my mind for a while, I think because I feel I'm the sort of writer who ought to have written lots of westerns with legend in the title. As I haven’t, I need to change that.

So that's all I have so far, a page with Legend of the Seven written at the top, oh and the two words Chapter One. Hopefully next time I'll have at least a whole sentence to talk about.

2 comments:

David Cranmer said...

I just happened to be working on a western called "A Legend's Trail."

I'm looking forward to your progress.

ChuckTyrell said...

Interesting. I've thought the same thing. Was going to do it with A Man Called Breed, but didn't. I'll watch to see how you do it, then see if I can emulate, steal, plagiarize, or otherwise use all your ideas. Heh heh.